Legacy Administration is about so much more than thanking executors and banking cheques.
Sensitive, professional and proactive legacy management will add value to your legacy income and minimise losses.
Immediate benefits can be seen through, for example,
- Advising executors over the correct application of charity exemptions
- Ensuring estate accounts are properly checked and approved
- Ensuring that property and shares are sold appropriately
Ensuring that your legacy income is being administered by someone who knows what they are looking for could add between 5-10% to the value of a legacy, and shorten the time between notification and payment.
Analysis & Reporting
Legacy income, like Trust income, is difficult to predict and can cause Trustees a forecasting headache.
I will help you establish effective administration systems that enable informed reporting, and more accurate short to medium term income forecasting.
By managing your legacy income sensitively and proactively, I will help to:
- Ensure your organisation receives its full entitlement
- Guarantee your pipeline income is received in a timely manner
- Highlight issues and offer advice over action required
Options include long or short-term locum cover to deal with all legacy administration or the development of tailor made policies and procedures for you to implement in house.